Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Micheal Bay and Neon Genesis Evangelion: 2 Things that should NEVER mix


So TIL, Micheal Bay wants to adapt the NGE series onto film and as a fan of this series, I'd hate for this great anime to get tarnished.

Given that Bay's films are a hit and miss, the kid in me loved the aspect that my Saturday morning cartoons are alive and well and kicking major ass (Transformers) BUT the new TMNT however already looks/feels like shit, I mean they come from an "alien race" instead of the simple radioactive goo infecting 4 baby turtles and a rat in the NYC sewers origins...what, was too "complicated" to adapt?!

I know it's a change-up but idk why change a simple formula? 

The idea of changing something even something as small as that kinda irks me and as a fan and avid movie-goer I don't want to see the characters I'd grown to know and love just crash & burn in front of my eyes. 

Not to mention the casting; it has to be done just right...(Shia LeBoeuf for example as Shinji OR Megan Fox as Asuka would just fucking suck.)

That aside, Hollywood can make and/or break a franchise as easy as an Angel breaking through the city's defenses.

I grew up watching this series and its on my list of top animes and IF Mike Bay does decide to make it I hope he does it justice...I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment